Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Sunday Night Melt Down

When it comes to weekends, I kind of feel like I'm an expert. Not to brag or anything, but I know how to fill a weekend with fun and adventures and take advantage of every second of freedom from work and the hectic, yet ridiculously mundane, Monday through Friday schedule.

This weekend was no different. It started Friday after work with an "adventure hike" with the whole family.




We explored some trails we had never been on, only to find that they lead us on a short cut to a lake that we like to fish on in the summer! The sun was shining and it was the perfect evening for an adventure.

Then, Saturday morning the boys had basketball games at church. Luckily, there was enough time in between the games for me to squeeze in my 6 mile run.



More time outside breathing the fresh air. 

Then, more basketball and back home to spend some quality time cleaning my house...it's been a while.

On Sunday, after a 5 mile treadmill run, church, and grocery shopping, we decided to head back to the trails we explored Friday night and try out the ice fishing on the lake.



Not a lot of luck, but we were having fun and the boys didn't want to go home.

I had told Will I didn't want to stay much longer because I still had a lot of work to do to prep for the week once we got home, but then I decided I didn't want to cut our fun short. So, we stuck around for another half hour and didn't get home until a little after 5:00 pm. 

That meant I had to immediately start making dinner, packing lunches, chopping veggies, and meal prepping for my week of clean eating. So I headed to the kitchen to work, and the boys headed to the living room to relax. 

45 minutes later and dinner was ready. We ate together as a family, then I headed back to the kitchen to clean up and continue meal prepping, and the boys headed back to the living room to be lazy.

The clock was ticking and I still had a list of things I needed to get done before I could sit down and chill out. So, when Will started pestering me to come and hang out with them, I was pretty impatient with him about it. Besides church that morning, I literally hadn't sat down or sat still at all, all day. And that was all I wanted to do! But, I needed to finish up all of the things I had to do to get ready for the work week ahead. 

The pestering continued and I wasn't doing a good job of keeping my cool. I really felt like everyone needed to leave me alone so that I could finish what I needed to do. 

Seeing how overwhelmed I had suddenly become, Will casually suggested that maybe I should just go to bed. At this comment, I kind of freaked out... "I don't want to go to bed! I just want to sit around and do nothing like you guys have been doing for the last two hours!!!!!"...and then I stormed out of the room and went to go fold laundry.

Of course, Will followed after shortly to make sure I was okay...

And I was okay, but I wasn't. I hate Sunday nights. I hate saying good bye to the weekend and getting ready for another long, exhausting week full of responsibility. I always stay up way too late on Sunday nights because I just don't want to go to bed and wake up to another Monday morning!

It's ridiculous, especially because I actually like my job. I just like the endless possibilities of the weekend so much more :)

So to summarize, I'm REALLY good at weekends...but REALLY bad at Sunday nights. I'm not alone, right?!

Sparkle.Pounce.Work Hard. Play Harder. 

-Kendra





No comments:

Post a Comment